A dual citizen with Italian heritage and Colombian roots, Martin Trevy, is a merge of his many influences in life as he continuously pushes boundaries, earning recognition and admiration for his ability as an electronic artist. ‘Love For You‘ is no exception, showcasing his versatility and consummate skill set.
A growing figure in the electronic scene, Martin Trevy has taken his music to a broader global audience in recent years, with support from A-list names such as acts Tiësto, Sam Feldt, Lost Frequencies, Nicky Romero, and Alok. Martin has also shared the stage with many of the scene’s biggest names, including Afrojack, Bad Bunny, DJ Snake, KSHMR, and Don Diablo, with whom he shared the bill in Canada last month.
Martin Trevy recently gave us a few minutes of his time to answer some interview questions for us:
1. Describe your sound in 3 words.
Euphoric, Melodic and Emotional
2. Is there one song/album or artist from your teenage years which stands out?
Definitely Swedish House Mafia and Avicii. They inspired me to be where I am today. I used to listen to them nonstop in my bedroom.
3. If you had to pick a career in any other music genre except electronic dance music, what genre would that be and why?
Probably Latin pop! I am from Colombia so have the Latin spice within me 🙂
4. What’s on your bucket list?
Definitely playing Tomorrowland! I used to stand in front of my computer with my eyes closed, visualizing myself playing on the Main Stage while watching the 2012 after movie. On September 20th, I will be playing on Ibiza at an official Tomorrowland event at Ushuaia with Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, so I can say now we are getting close.
5. What is your favourite tour snack?
Vegan protein bars!
6. One thing you’re looking forward to this year or one goal you’ve set yourself for the future?
This year I want to release 2 club EP’s. I have always released singles so looking forward to this new chapter.
7. What’s your best motivational tip for getting things done?
Staying tuned with your inside. I have a daily meditation practice that helps me stay focused and grounded. Also being grateful for even the smallest things can help a ton. It’s all about vibrating in the highest frequency possible. You feel when you are in tune or not…
8. Which two artists would you most love to witness collaborate on a song?
David Guetta and Tiesto! They are huge inspirations for me at the moment. They are constantly pushing the boundaries of sound year after year.
9. Hottest track in the world right now?
Oh, hard one. But I’ll go with ‘Desire’ by Calvin Harris
10. It’s the last party on earth; the crowd are shouting, “One more tune”. What track do you play as your encore finale?
‘Don’t You Worry Child’ by Swedish House Mafia! It will always be a very special song for me, it lifts me up like no other.
Martin Trevy can be found on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/martintrevy/