Paul Mayson got his start producing and remixing releases for global pop, dance, and hip-hop stars, such as Far East Movement, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Yelawolf, Don Diablo, Nathan Sykes, and Sam Feldt. He also did the official remix for ‘Deep Down’, the summer hit by Alok, Ella Eyre and Kenny Dope, after which he released ‘Have It All’, his own official rework of Chicago’s iconic song ‘Street Player’.
After he got picked up by MTV and XITE as their breakthrough ‘Push’ and ‘Kickstart’ artist, he is currently making waves with his unique take on dance music. His past releases feature the likes of Saint Sinner (Grammy nominated singer/songwriter from the US), Far East Movement (known for their global #1 hit ‘Like A G6’) and Sharlene Hector (Basement Jaxx). He also gained support from fellow DJs such as Axwell & Ingrosso, David Guetta, Sam Feldt, Riton and Oliver Heldens.
We grabbed a few minutes of Paul’s time to have him answer our 10 questions.
1. Describe your sound in 3 words.
Positive, open-minded, summery
2. Is there one song/album or artist from your teenage years which stands out?
It’s Jamiroquai! Grew up listening to his records and it’s had a big impact on my own music making 🙂
3. If you had to pick a career in any other music genre except electronic dance music, what genre would that be and why?
I like the diversity and excitement of pop music, if it’s done tastefully and forward-thinking
4. What’s on your bucketlist?
A number of bigger collabs, traveling more countries, learning and growing as a person and as an artist
5. What is your favourite tour snack?
Haha, I like sushi. Is that a snack? I’m pretty open-minded, love to try out new things wherever I am really
6. One thing you’re looking forward to this year or one goal you’ve set yourself for the future?
Very much looking forward to sharing the album with people and travelling again
7. What’s your best motivational tip for getting things done?
Make sure you know why you want to achieve something. And then just go for it!
8. Which two artists would you most love to witness collaborate on a song?
I’d like to see Jamiroquai x The Weeknd
9. Hottest track in the world right now?
My entire album. Just kidding haha
10. It’s the last party on earth; the crowd are shouting, “One more tune”. What track do you play as your encore finale?
This is tough. I’m gonna go with The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
Check Paul’s IG page out via: https://www.instagram.com/paulmaysonmusic/